Tuesday, November 1, 2011

DNA Infographic--Guest Post

Oh, wow.  This is my first blog guest post.  I'm both honored and humbled at being invited to contribute to the Catlin Coverslip.  My first thought when Dan invited me to post was what on earth could a social studies teacher contribute to a science blog?  Then I began breathing again and remembered how much fun I've been having the past few years sending Dan, Becky, and Veronica science related tidbits I felt were in keeping with the Coverslip's intent.  Today, I offer two infographics for thought.  I suppose they are related in a way.  My daughter, Noa, is currently studying genetics, so I thought this dna related infographic might be of use to her and her sophomore classmates.  Now that Earth's population has passed the 7,000,000,000 (numbers are so much more impressive than words) milestone, revisiting Per Square Mile's density infographic also seemed appropriate.  I also promise to return to the spirit of the Coverslip with a much shorter post next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment