Monday, February 1, 2010

My go-to websites

I'm sure you have a pretty exclusive list of websites that you visit regularly for your science news. I have put a couple of RSS feeds on this site that give the latest headlines from the New York Times, the BBC website and the New Scientist. Below are a couple more that I check regularly (apologies for the British slant to some of these sites, but old habits are hard to break):

Bad Science: A critical look at the world of science (the book mentioned on the site is available in the Catlin Gabel library). Ben Goldacre has annoyed many politicians and celebrities by publicly challenging their pseudoscience, which makes him alright with me.

TED lectures: online lectures by a variety of interesting people (my personal favorite at the moment is this one on clever crows)

The Week in Science: articles and podcasts about the latest (and often strangest) scientific ideas and breakthroughs from KDVS, the UC Davis radio station.

This list is by no means exhaustive - what are your favorite sites? Let us know and we'll share them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment